A new pattern in the works

I’ve had this idea for a pull-along sausage dog in my head for over a year. There was a time when my little munchkin was obsessed with anything he could pull or push along and I just think there’s nothing cooler than a sausage dog at the mo. Sausage shapes and socks are best friends so the body is super easy and the ears naturally stick out a little which I love. The tricky part with this one is getting him on wheels. What you can see in this picture is the first attempt disaster with plastic wheels and the shape is a little wonky – it’s actually really hard to find big wooden wheels in hobby stores.  Eventually I found some wooden wheels with axles and am experimenting with attaching those to the base… oh I really hope this one works! If all goes well with the wheels in the next couple of days I’ll have a pattern ready for testing by the end of the week and ready for Stitches & Craft in Sydney and Melbourne.

14 Comments

1. oh i want i want i want!!!!!

2. Claire,

He is LOVELY!!! We are dying to get a dog but with a bub and a toddler it’s not happening any time soon. I think you just gave us the solution!! We could have one each!!!! Ha!!

• Just showed hubby, he wants one NOW!!! Sounds like our toddler!!! xx

• LOL… they are just big toddlers Emma!

• This is very true!!! He came home from work yesterday and asked where the “new family member” was!!!

3. A sausage dog is very hard to resist. Good luck with the wheels.

4. He is adorable!! I’m often asked for sausage dog fabrics, that is a really sweet idea Claire. Happy designing one, love Posie

5. Really cute Claire!! Love the idea that can be pulled :)

6. Oh he looks so cute already. What a wonderful thing to make. I hope the other wheels work out!

• So do I Sue – they arrived today and they look great but of course I bought the wrong size axle!

7. Oh when i made cat-bot searched and searched for wheels – In the end I had to make them !!! Is it a big secret where these wheels come from, I have a robot in desperate need of a mode of transport….

and your sausage dog….killing me !

• I had to hunt high and low and still haven’t quite found the right thing but you could try timbecon. Of course you can get them everywhere in the states… *sheesh*

8. sausage dog…adorable!!!!!!!!!!!! You’ll have a whole animal gang by the end of the year!

corrie:)