This year I’m buying handmade. I know that all my nieces, nephews, in-laws and friends will get loads of lovely, mass produced goodies which is fine but I’m going all out handmade. Not only will the pressies be beautiful but I’ll be supporting the indie craft industry which is very important to me. I made a great start at Finders Keepers on the weekend and plan to go nuts at Allies Attic market at paddington town hall on Saturday. So here’s my list so far, there are quite a few more to add…
- Chefs hat and apron for my two year old (tutorial here via Sophie)
- Traveller for nephew#1 (from snailblazer)
- Baby bib & tee for new nephew#2 (from moobear at Allies Attic)
- Gorgeous evelyn dress for niece #1 (from Barefoot Babes at Allies Attic)
- Mermaid Hair Clip Tidy for niece #2 (from Tutti Frutti online store)
- Resin pendant for kris kringle #1 (from Trove at Finders Keepers)
- Resin earrings for kris kringle #2 (from Shonah online store)
- Foxy brooch for me from Finders Keepers… oops… am I meant to be buying for myself?
Does anyone else have the buying xmas presents for yourself when you’re meant to be buying for other people? All of these lovely items will be wrapped in brown paper, tied up with string and adorned with a beautiful gift tag (bought from Bespoke Letterpress at Finders Keepers). Once upon a time I used to make wrapping paper but time is just not on my side this year. What are you buying this year? Any tips for handmade items?
I’m stuck on something to get my 9 year old nephew – suggestions?