Sew, Mama, Sew! which I have to say has become one of my favourite blogs since their November tutorials series, have started a Blog Meme (list of questions) asking what everyone is making for gifts this xmas. Here are my answers…
- Do you have a favorite gift that you love to give?
Books are a big favourite of mine, such an opportunity to get personal.
- If you’re making gifts this year, what are you making?
I’m not making huge amounts but I will be making my hand blended Chai Tea (see below for recipe) and a print of my little bubs feet (dipped in non toxic paint) framed for his grand parents. I’m also making an xmas stocking for the bubba.
- Do you have any good stories about handcrafted gifts you’ve given or received?
I’ve never had handcrafted gifts for xmas, but I did receive the most beautiful hand crocheted blanket and knitted vest when the bub was born last month.
- Name one thing on your personal wish list.
- Do you make and sell things that would make fantastic gifts? (Link)
Oh if only I had the time!
- What is your favorite family holiday tradition?
Volleyball in the pool after lunch (yep… I’m in Australia) My favourite childhood ritual was picking the xmas tree and my dad reading “the night before xmas” to us every christmas eve. I was always beside myself with excitement at the prospect of Santa coming.
- Have you started any new traditions with your family that you didn’t practice growing up?
Not yet but I’m looking for inspiration!
- What do you love most about the holiday season?
- What do you like least about the holiday season?
The commercial aspect.
- Anyone close to your heart that you’ll be missing this year?
I’m lucky enough to have an extra someone with me this year.
- What is your favorite holiday food?
Plum pudding with my mum’s evil Brandy Sauce!
- Do you have a great recipe to share?
Here’s my Chai, it’s quite a zingy one if you’re into that.